Being one of the most common ailments, anemia especially affects women around the world. Anemia is regarded as a condition which is a resultant of lack of blood. Anemia can medically be described as a condition where the hemoglobin decreases below an average level.
In this, Yoga comes a boon which helps in increasing the RBC count by two methods. Firstly, through breathing exercise and other is by special asanas.
Breathing exercises like Suryabhedana Pranayama, Ujjayi, Kapalbhatti and Anuloma Viloma increases the blood circulation and improve entire circulatory system functioning.
Ujjayi or “loud breathing” comprises of inhaling air with the glottis through nostrils that is partially closed. The partial closure of glottis makes a sound of unbroken and continuous sobbing. Ujjayi breathing has several variations. For instance, we can breathe through the throat, then close one nostril and breathe through the other one that is partly closed.
- Sit in Sidhasana or Padmasana.
- Slowly and deeply inhale through the right nostril; shut the left nostril with little finger and ring finger.
- Next, close the right nostril with the right thumb and then exhale through the left nostril, keeping right nostril closed.
- Repeat it 5 – 10 times.
In Anuloma Viloma, Vishnu Mudra is adopted when right hand closes the nostrils. Tuck the middle finger and index in the nose.
- Slowly inhale through your left nostril, close the right nostril with the thumb till you count four.
- Hold the breath; close both the nostrils, till you count sixteen.
- Slowly exhale through your right nostril, close the left nostril with little finger and ring finger, till you count eight.
- Slowly inhale through your right nostril, close the left nostril with with little finger and ring finger, till you count four.
- Hold the breath; close both the nostrils, till sixteen.
- Exhale with the left nostril, close the right nostril till you count eight
Kapal Bharti/Kapal Bhatti controls breathing and help increase oxygen level in the blood. This in turn increases lung and body capacity. It also aids in detoxifying the toxins. Kapal Bhatti has a huge effect on body weight and helps in weight management.
- Make lotus Yogic position.
- Inhale short breaths with force. Do as many as possible without letting your body stressed out.
- As you feel pain in spine or back, take rest.
- Repeat this breathing exercise 15 minutes a day, at least 4-5 times.
Along with the above asanas, herbal remedies provided by Abhimantrit Guruprasadam Yog are also quite effective in the treatment of anemia and shows excellent recovery results in the patients. These herbal medicines are:
- HB UP Tablet
- Punarnava Mandoor
- Infection Care Guru Prasadam