In its myriad form, cancer is no less than a war. It is a clash with both the treatment and the disease. The unbearable weakness that follows cancer healing is a test of a cancer patient’s stamina. Yoga builds endurance, both physically and emotionally. Yoga maintains balance within the body and calms the mind through deep breathing, meditation and stretching exercises.
Cancer Care with Yoga:
Yoga may not heal the deadly disease; however, its calm and relaxing postures encourage resilience among cancer sufferers. They help refresh a person to fight for their lives.
Here are some asanas that help you get started.
Legs Up The Wall:
- It’s a simple asana where the person lie on their back with legs propped up against the wall.
- Make 90-degree angle with the body, legs resting flat on the wall’s surface.
- Place cushion beneath the lower back for maximum comfort.
- Concentrate on the breathing for approximately 20 minutes.
It works well in refreshing your mind while improving blood flow.
- Start the pose with the hands and knees.
- Exhale; curve the spine in outward direction.
- Look up during this step.
- Inhale, now curve the back inwards.
- Face downwards.
- Repeat the movements as frequently as possible.
- Lie down on the floor, on the back.
- Place the hands at your side, palms up.
- Slowly relax every part of your body.
- Concentrate on every part while letting yourself feel lighter.
- Breathe steadily and deeply.
- Maintain the posture until complete relaxation is achieved.
Along with the above asanas, herbal remedies provided by Abhimantrit Guruprasadam Yog for Inflammation Bowel Disease are also quite effective in the treatment of IBD and shows excellent recovery results in the patients. These herbal medicines are:
- Seabuckthorn Oil Capsule
- Curcumin Capsule
- Shri Shiv Hari Yog
- Infection Care Guru Prasadam
- Canso Care